I had the opportunity to attend Snowflake partner summit in Oct 2019 and there were heaps of learnings.
Australia is embracing Snowflake as a cloud database and it’s great to see consulting partners help land the technology into corporates. A tribute for the various partners as nearly 50% of business is through partners.
Companies adopting snowflake
- origin energy
Servian ( Brisbane)
Inter works( Perth)
- Fortscue metal
Trends in analytics market
- Data migration is ongoing exercise and it is getting closer and closer to core systems.
- Trend towards augmenting SAP for data warehousing
- Customers start slowly but jump quickly once POCs are successful – mass migration SAP, Terafata, Netezza
- Snowflake increasingly being used for data science workloads, predictive. Sweetly ( India) using for food delivery
- Exponential take up for data science.
- It is often transformative once data is in 1 place.
- A shift toward moving towards marketing specific use case and patterns in vertical
- Snowflake handles nearly 300m queries per day. They are evolving into a data platform.
- 9 out of 10 conversations about migration.
- Role based dynamic data masking in next 3-6 months ( admin, user). Start with column then move to row, targeting for Jun2020
- Opportunity to Sell through multi cloud as a starting point. Bringing flexibility to enterprises.
- Most organisations still struggling with bringing data together
Snowflake product roadmap
Photos part iii